Personal Information we may collect from you
The personal information we collect includes your name, address, telephone number, email address, frequent flyer number(s) and any other information you provide such as special assistance requests and the names of any other passengers traveling with you. We collect the details of the travel booking you make with us. We also collect information about the pages you view on the Websites, the length of time you are on the Websites, the type of browser you use and your geographical location.
Before you provide us with any information about a third party you must have that person’s consent to do so.
How we use your Personal Information
We use your personal information to:
- book for you the travel services you have requested with our third party suppliers;
- provide with your travel documentation and our invoice;
- collect payment from you;
- respond to any requests comments or complaints you make about our services;
- customise your experience on the Websites;
- send you marketing newsletters and emails if you have requested them;
- analyse our business and the travel market in general.
Disclosing your Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Third party travel providers who are providing services to you;
- To other House of Travel companies for the same purpose that you provide the information to us;
- Debt collection agencies if we need to collect money you owe to us;
- A third party who has paid for your travel;
- Persons whom we are required to do so by law;
- Persons where we reasonably believe that it is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s life or health.
To pay for the services you will also need to provide your credit card details. House of Travel does not retain your credit card details for security reasons so they will need to be re-entered each time you purchase a service from us.
Accessing your Personal Information
In accordance with the Privacy Act 1993 you may at any time access and change your personal information or subscribed services. House of Travel will take all reasonable steps to keep your information secure and requests that you keep your information as current as possible so that it may continue to improve our service to you.
Internet and Browsers
We may also use a cookie to record details such as a unique user identity and general registration details on your PC. This helps us recognise you on subsequent visits to the Websites so that you don’t have to re-enter your registration details each time you visit us.
Most browsers allow you to change your settings as to whether to accept cookies or not. You do not need to have cookies turned on to access the Websites.
House of Travel may share aggregated non-personal information with third parties, including advertisers and suppliers. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest
3 June 2016